InSanity~Normalize, Don't Stigmatize Mentall Illness.

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Go 49ers and a Bday Note to Self

Dear Self,

Birthdays make for good days to reminisce. Remember yesterday, the dinner party? That was fun. We laughed so much about silly nonsense. Those are the best kinda friends to keep in your life.

That cake was so tiny but you did well finishing it off today. I knew you could and would.
Go 49ers! I think the season's over, though I really have no clue. 

And Self, it was a nice idea to take you, Self, to Sacramento for a day of fun and pampering. But Self, please remember next year that Sacramento has things like intersecting and merging freeways that weave into and out of each other seemingly on a whim; and four-lane traffic and signs that lead you only to either Reno or San Francisco, and while either would make a nice getaway spot, that would require more time; and when you've past the Downtown exit for the twelfth time; and when you tell you, Self, "Don't get frustrated, Self. It's your birthday, Self" while some f*r who you flip off -- I can't believe you did that, Self, and on your birthday too! -- doesn't let you merge into the exit lane that it took you 35 minutes to find, and stuff like that, please remember that perhaps it's best to make alternative plans.

But the facial, plus hand and foot massage, were very nice. Don't be too frustrated, Self, that said treatment was delivered by a petite, docile Betty, versus a burly bronze manly Sven. You might have had a harder time hearing, "Robyn, it's over" from Sven.

Regardless, it was a Happy Birthday, Self. Go 49ers!

Dear Everyone Else, 

Happy new week!

I'm Chair again this year of Chico's Out of the Darkness for suicide prevention. For my birthday, I'm asking for $1 from everyone I know towards the cause. (More than that won't be refused.) If you're interested, my story and the link are here. Thank you.

Be well, and I'd offer you some cake if I had any left to offer.

48 comments:

  1. And a very happy belated birthday to you.
    And thank you for your support of suicide awareness and prevention. Donation made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intersecting freeways? Aren't they just called roads?

    Also, happy birthday! Don't tell me... 25?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish. They are monstrous four or five lane gobs of cement structures in which one sits and sits and tries to follow cryptic signs while greeting other drivers with his/her middle finger. If you travel outside of your homeland, dear, naive Michael, you'll understand. And *blushing* yes, 25. Yes. Thank you for that.

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday, Robyn! I was the driver who made no obscene gestures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! Maybe next year hire someone to drive you instead. Let them deal with the frustration. Maybe it will be Sven and you won't care how many times he misses the exit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not much to say except, stay away from freeways...Oh, and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday Robin! Having been out of work and the commuting world for a long time now, I find any drive in or near Boston to be quite harrowing. The cake looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I mean ROBYN! Geeeeeeez. lmao

      Delete
    2. No worries. I'm used to it. Thanks, JoJo.
      PS I remember the streets of Boston. It's like bumper cars there, with no regard for common courtesy.

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday! The facial and massage sounds fab and I hope your day was filled with lots of delicious chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad you had a happy birthday party, but don't tell me that your 49? Oh, that's just the team, eh? :) Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it either, Sage. I don't look or feel like I'll be...I can't even say what I'll be turning next year. Age is a very, very weird thing. Err, just the team. Go 49ers!

      Delete
  10. Sounds like someone needs one of those huge lifted trucks that belches black smoke. I bet they'll let you over if they know the alternative is getting run over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday, self sure gave you a good day, ignoring self didn't know where self was going lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday, Robyn! May this be a special year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday and glad self managed to merge their way home and finish off cake. Take care and have a good 4th of July week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne. Yeah, for a while, I just wanted to be headed in the right direction.

      Delete
  14. Happy birthday!!! I love that cake:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. It's a Baskin Robin's cake. With our name in it, you can't go wrong.

      Delete
  15. Happy Birthday to you. I hope the day is special. That cake is impressive. I bet it tasted good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a yummy ice-cream cake, Stephen. I appreciate the bday wishes.

      Delete
  16. You can count on me Self (I mean Robyn). Happy birthday to you. Too bad about Sven. I would have taken a rain check.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Mitchell. I should've taken a rain check. Some day, I'll get that Swedish massage from Sven.

      Delete
  17. You deserved that hand and foot massage, Robyn. It gives me huge vicarious pleasure to imagine you receiving it. Happy Birthday! XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you, GB. It was very nice, even though not delivered by Sven. Ah, Sven...

      Delete
  18. Happy Birthday and glad you treated yourself even if Sven did not give the massage. I hate traffic like that, Toronto is nuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine, Birgit. Toronto is an ever-growing metropolis. I forget how little tolerance I have for traffic until it's too late because I'm sitting in it.

      Delete
  19. Happy birthday!

    Nothing beats a good foot rub.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. It was very nice and over way too quickly.

      Delete
  20. Hey Robyn,

    And now a somewhat belated birthday wish via your blog and not that "Farcebook"!

    Yes, that cakes works well. A day out in the State Capital. Ah yes and mind how you go.

    Go 69ers, um, 49ers! :)

    I'm going now......

    Gary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Gary,
      Thank you, silly, fun, dear friend.
      Kindly do not mention 69 while my mind is still on Sven. Ah, Sven...

      Delete
  21. Happy (belated) birthday, Robyn! Glad you treated yourself. And I wish you a wonderful year ahead. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate your bday wishes and cheer, Martha. I'm ready. For what? I'm not sure, but I'm ready.

      Delete
  22. Sounds like a nice, fun, tiring, and stressful day. I'm glad there were some perks!! Here's to an amazing year!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like you found the Martha Stewart highway from hell. I'm loving that big chocolate football, who cares which team.
    Happy birthday to all your 'selves'.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can't believe how much catching up I have to do on reading blogs and I'm sorry I missed your birthday. Happy Belated Birthday and how dare those f'ers mess with you on your special day! Don't they know better? Morons. Glad you had some pampering. That's always the best isn't it?

    ReplyDelete